Skip to content
This page is under construction. Eventually we will have a full list of recommended readings / books that have influenced our thought on a number of topics here, as with the sample listings below.
Medicine & Religion
- Hauerwas, Stanley. God, Medicine, and Suffering. Buy on Amazon here:
- The great American theologian Stanley Hauerwas (now at Duke Divinity) responds to the question of how a good God could allow suffering — not with a theodicy, but with compassion and community.
- Kalanathi, Paul. When Breath Becomes Air.
- Nussbaum, Abraham M. The Finest Traditions of My Calling.
Medically-Relevant Christian Theology
- Hayes, Richard B. Moral Vision of the New Testament.
- Wright, N.T. Surprised by Hope.Buy on Amazon here: